Vintage 1920 Style Clothes and Accessories for Men and Women
1920s fashion centered around the revolution of freedom in clothing and morals. Both men’s and women’s 1920’s clothing broke out of the prim and proper mold of Victorian ideals and into free spirited casual wear. Fashion in the roaring twenties gained comfort while showing off an entirely new and outrageous use of color and decoration. It is an era that is fast becoming the “new” vintage revival thanks to several TV
shows, movies and mini series depicting life in the 1920’s such as Boardwalk Empire, Downton Abbey, and The Great Gatsby.
You too can dress in 1920’s style with vintage reproduction and vintage inspired clothing available online. We searched for the best and organized it by type to help make your online shopping experience easier.
Learn 1920’s Fashion history here or scroll down.
Shop 1920’s style fashions for men and women :
1920s Fashion History for Women
- When to wear what- a good place to start learning about 1920s fashion.
- Dresses! History of day dresses, afternoon/party dresses, and formal evening/flapper dresses. A special look at plus size 1920s fashions is a must for “non flappers.”
- Casual women’s clothing such as skirts, blouses, sweaters and pants.
- All about fur coats
- 1920’s Reproduction Shoes– A list of 1920’s reproduction shoes for women and men. History of 1920s womens shoes and the 10 most common styles.
- 1920’s Stockings History and lingerie.
- 1920’s hats and headbands- beyond the stereotypical styles.
- Jewelry- the most common styles you need to know about.
- 1920’s Purses– Read about beautiful 1920’s purses, handbags and shopping bags.
- Swimsuits- Learn about swimwear int he 1920s
- Great Gatsby Style for Women- Learn how to dress for a 1920s or Great Gatsby themed event. Get inspired by 8 easy women’s costumes you can make from new or thrift store clothing. For early 20’s and Downton Abbey costumes check out this handy guide.
- 1920’s Makeup tutorial and history. Hairstyles of the 1920s too.
- 1920’s One Hour Dress Pattern- Read these tips before you sew a 1920’s dress with this pattern. Find a BIG list of 1920s sewing patterns- new, reproduction and vintage patterns.
1920’s Fashion History for Men
- 1920’s Mens Suits – Learn about the styles of 1920s mens suits.
- 1920’s mens separates- pants / knickers, shirts and collars, sweaters and coats.
- Mens Costumes– How to create six 1920s mens looks.
- 1920s mens neckties is an interesting read.
- Mens hats styles and mens hat history is fascinating.
- 1920s shoes– snazzy choices
- Accessories- gloves, glasses, canes, watches, and cuff links.
- Men’s Formal Wear – Learn about black tie dress in the 1920’s. Even more about Tuxedos.
- Great Gatsby Style for Men– Learn how to dress for a Great Gatsby summer event.
- Dress like Robert Redford in the great Gatsby movie.
- Boardwalk Empire Mens Clothing- Learn about creating your own Boardwalk Empire (TV show) style clothing ensemble.
- 1920s Gangster Style- Learn to dress like a 1920s gangster like Al Capone.
- 1920s Sports Wear for Men- Easy to put together mens 1920s sporting clothes.
- 1920s Mens hairstyles guide.
- Mens underwear and pajamas- in case you are curious.
- Men’s 1920s Swimsuits history and tutorial.
Have a questions about 1920’s fashion? Need help finding 20’s style clothing? Contact me.